Monday, February 11, 2013
Marder III M Ausf. -- FINISHED!
The Marder is finally finished! Well, at least until I notice something obvious in the photos that I missed while looking at the model.
I used the Dragon 1/35 Smart Kit, a milled barrel and rounds, brass detailing for the helmets, and made the stowage rolls.
I will probably do a bit more pigmenting on the stowage but I do otherwise consider this complete. I'm very happy with the colour modulation and overall effect, but like any kit there are plenty of things I would have done differently now that it's finished.
I did manage to make the cracked leather seats more visible -- with a helmet and strap on one of them to help draw in the eye -- and added a family portrait to the wall of the fighting compartment.
The radio is fully detailed and includes a headset with tiny, tiny wiring. I don't think I'll ever do that again. Ever.