Saturday, April 28, 2012
1:100 Destroyed Sherman
I am very happy with how the finished piece came together -- especially as it only represents about four hours of actual working time from start to photos.
The model is from the "Flames of War" line - although I added the tarp and wood. The tufts are from MiniNatur and the flowering tufts were custom made.
I might still go back and add a bit more of the Dark Yellow and Violet pigments (from Secret Weapon, of course!) but I don't want to lose any of the very soft dust effect I managed to achieve.
I will aim to get more photos of this piece taken with a better camera as my little PowerShot ELPH always makes things look flat -- even under the daylight lamps and against a decent background. Alas.
I'm going to allow myself to paint one figurine to paint for every two tanks in progress -- which means I can keep practicing my French style for figurines while not allowing my weathering and tank painting skills to get so rusty (no pun intended).
And now it's time to dig through my bins and find another tank!
CMON voting link