Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Japanese Bust - Final

I might add a few final highlights - I'm going to sleep on that and decide tomorrow - but this guy is otherwise finally finished. Over the course of the project I changed the colour of the inner kimono five different times. I even added stripes at one point. In the end I came back to the original colour to help tie in with the shadow glazing on his face. There are plenty of things I'd like to improve on but I'm happy with the finished product. For now....


  1. I'm a little disappointed you didn't place with this, but the competition was very tough in that category.

  2. Thanks - but I knew that I wouldn't make the cut as soon as it went into the cabinet. Which is also when I realized that I was trying to compete against the guys that CREATED the "French style" -- when I should have been entering my tanks. Alas.